Monday, September 27, 2004

Random Musings in Early Autumn

Books

Bob Dylan has a memoir coming out next week. I can’t wait to read it. I can only look on in awe and wonder at how someone could write as he does. I find that there’s at least one Bob Dylan song that can express, in a way I cannot, any emotion I can feel at any given time.

Have you heard about this new book called, He's Just Not That Into You : The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys? This guy was on Oprah last week. I can’t say that he’s the next Freud or anything but I must admit there’s a small element of simplistic brilliance here. Few women can say that they have never wanted more from a man than he was willing to give.

Movies

Why are there no movies out right now that I want to see?

TV

I will tell you right now that I do not spend that much time watching TV except for the quality must-see programming on HBO. Though I have always watched The Real World I have not jumped onto the reality bandwagon. I will say though that this new ABC show called Wife Swap is pretty interesting. Two families switch mothers for two weeks. It’s pretty fascinating to watch the way these people interact with a new family in a new environment completely different from what they’re used to. It really is interesting to see what they take away from the experience. Thumbs Up.

I always watched Friends. I didn’t feel as if I was losing my friends or that my life was over last year when it ended. It ran its course and it was time for them to go. That said, the Joey show is a total and complete disaster. I don’t know if there’s any better way I could possibly say it. What a let down.

Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Some suggestions:

Scrubs - the only network comedy that takes chances and isn't afraid to go completely off the wall.

Otherwise, I'm just trying to get my baseball fix until the season ends and all I have is memories. And beer, but that's another story.

Books - I just read "Wilco: Learning How to Die" by Greg Kot - an interesting look at a band that the record labels don't get but their fans adore them. Interesting stuff.

I enjoy your blog - thanks for the link!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, it never occurred to me that someone was actually reading this. Thank you for my first comment and for your link to me. :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Gordon D said...

TV - Lost on Wednesday nights is a pretty cool deal; I would suggest either watching it or taping it. It's looking to be a really good show.

Books - right now, I'm reading Bringing Down the House, which is about a group of MIT students who won big in Vegas. It sounds like fiction, but it's completely true.

Great blog, BTW.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|