Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cupcake

I walked into the kitchen at work shortly after 10:30 to make my second cup of green tea this morning. While watching the tea steep in the boiling water my eyes move over to the table. My eyes widen as I take in the glorious sight of the most perfect looking cupcakes ever sitting on the table. That means today is someone’s Birthday in the office. I’m sure I signed a card but who can keep track of it all? Here I am making the green tea, minding my own business, and I get tempted with perfection. After closer inspection it looks like a vanilla butter cake slathered generously with pink butter cream frosting and just the right amount of rainbow sprinkles. I’m at a crossroads. Do I resist and go about my day satisfied by my green tea and immense willpower? Alas, I do not because I am weak, and because I would not want to spend the rest of the day being taunted by the cupcakes so I give in. I take in the sweet scent as I take the paper off the bottom. I take a bite. It’s exactly the right cake to frosting ratio; its cupcake bliss. It was carb-a-licious. As I finished the cupcake I took a moment to reflect on what just transpired. I vowed to not give in to any other indulgences for the remainder of the week. By 11 am I was reaping the benefits of true sugar high. Wouldn’t it be spectacular if the high lasted a life time and the down didn’t ever come?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|