Monday, April 11, 2005

Complacency

It’s my best friend, my lover, my problem, my biggest hurdle, my enemy, and so much more all at the same time. I’ve been “settling” personally and professionally for quite a while now. I have a new professional opportunity on the horizon. It’s such a difficult decision. My gut says to go for it but my brain says you need to seriously consider it and weigh all of the pros and cons. It’s not glamorous but then I’m not really a glamorous girl. It’s a sure thing but then maybe I should think outside of my self-imposed box and take a chance for once? I’m complacent but not satisfied with where I currently am. The change would take me away from it but would it be the answer? I have no way of knowing unless I try it. What do I have to lose by trying it? I have a lot to lose personally. It involves a lot of people who will always be in my life. People who I can never escape but would never want to escape. Cryptic? Yes. A tough decision? Yes. Am I capable of making the decision right now? I don’t know. I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
|