Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I ♥ falafel

I ♥ falafel. I eat it once a week. I ate it for lunch today. I urge anyone who is reading this to try Pita + at Fee Fee and Olive. It is worth a trip every now and then even if you’re never in the area. No, I’m not related to these people nor do I know them except for the friendly greeting I get each week when I walk in. Having been in business for myself I know how valuable positive word of mouth is and wish them well.

The restaurant has been there for at least 12 years that I can remember but the current owners have been on board since 2001. They keep it pretty basic, falafel, gyros, hummus, baba ghanoj, salads, fresh pita bread, and burekas. All drinks are bottled except the Turkish coffee they make fresh. I’ve tried everything and there is nothing bad just things that are better than others.

A lot of people get their orders to go. I guess this is because it’s a pretty small place and it is lunch time but I like to sit there and eat. I can take my time and use as much hot sauce and tahini as I want. When you get it to-go you don’t have that option. I also like to people watch. I think it’s interesting to know what people are ordering and what brings them there because it’s a little out of the mainstream. I snicker to myself every time someone orders and the small man with the very broken Russian accent behind the counter asks them whether they want a white or wheat pita. You’d be shocked how many people get a panicked look on their faces because they don’t know what he’s asking. Every single week I eat the same thing; Falafel with no cucumber on wheat pita with tahini and hot sauce. The falafel is hot, the pita bread fresh, the vegetables in the pita are cold and crisp, and the meal enables me to take in at least 3 of my Superfoods all in one sitting. All in all it’s probably one of my top 5 favorite places to eat. Every single week I have the same thoughts when I get up and walk to my car afterwards; “Wow that was really good,” “I ♥ falafel,” and “That was better than sex” at least the way I remember it because it’s been about a million years.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

My favorite gyro in town would have to be Michael's (7101 Manchester). Olympia is a close second for a gyro but their spanakopita and saganaki is the best.

I don't think McFalafel is a good idea. The only missing at Pita + is the pickled vegetables they have on the streets in Israel. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|