Monday, February 07, 2005

Just Another Monday Morning

I don’t feel like working so I’m reading blogs this morning. Why do Monday mornings always suck? I found this High School Senior Year questionaire on several blogs this morning. I found numerous people’s answers to be funny and easy to relate to.

High School Senior Year

What year was it?
1993-1994

What were your three favorite bands or musical artists?
The Beatles, The Grateful Dead, and The Indigo Girls.

What was your favorite outfit?
Jeans, tye-dyed t-shirt, button down over it, and Birkenstocks.

What was up with your hair?
I was rockin’ a very large Jewfro. I’d still be there without chemical straightening and flat irons. Let’s all give thanks for technology right now.

Who were your best friends?
J, S, and E.

Where did you work?
I did some gift wrapping at Neiman Marcus.

What did you do after school?
I have to say I watched a lot of Oprah Winfrey.

Did you take the bus?
No. 1987 navy blue Toyota Camry.

Who did you have a crush on?
A male friend who came out of the closet about 3 or 4 years later and a guy in one of my art classes who’s name I couldn’t remember for the life of me right now.

Did you fight with your parents?
Who didn’t?

Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?
Randall 'Pink' Floyd from Dazed and Confused, John Cusack in Say Anything, Andrew McCarthy in Pretty in Pink, and the classic Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club.

Did you smoke cigarettes?
No. I had tried a Marlboro Red once and didn’t inhale.

Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack because you were too nervous to find your locker?
I did lug all of my books around in my backpack but it had nothing to do with being nervous about my locker. I think I just really didn’t have enough time to get to my locker in between classes.

Did you have a ‘clique’?
No. I really never fit in with anyone in high school.

Did you have “The Max” like Zach Kelly and Slater?
Not really but I do remember stopping at the Baskin Robbins in Ladue quite frequently. I dig the Saved By the Bell reference though.

Admit it, were you popular?
Not at all.

Who did you want to be just like?
If this question is asking if I wanted to be just like someone who I went to high school with then my answer is no one. If it’s asking in a broader sense then I probably wanted to be either Molly Ringwald or a cross between Winona Ryder in Heathers and Winona Ryder in Reality Bites.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
I thought I would be a political lobbyist, some kind of professor, or go to law school. Shows you what I knew.

Where did you think you’d be at the age you are now?
I don’t think that I thought I would have been a mother by this point but I’m sure I thought I would have been married by now. I definitely wouldn’t have thought at 18 that I’d ever even consider living in St. Louis as an adult.

I think this was a thought provoking little exercise. I hope other people will publish their answers to it. While it’s amusing to spend some time thinking of your 18 year old self, It’s gratifying to wake up from that daydream and be very thankful that your 18 year old self is safely tucked away in that dusty yearbook where she belongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|