Monday, November 01, 2004

More Astute Observations From Your Author

Team America: World Police

This movie was totally hilarious. I recommend it to everyone. It’s not politically insightful or even scathing to one side or the other, it’s just plain funny. Don’t misunderstand me. It’s not even a clever funny. It’s more of a 13 year old boy dick and fart joke funny. You absolutely have to crack up though at the puppets, the fun poked at celebrities, and the complete lack of respect for anyone.

The New Drunken Fish at #1 Maryland Plaza

I had previously been to the Westport Plaza location but was very impressed by my visit to the new Maryland Plaza location last week. The one at West port was nice and the sushi very good but let’s face it, who really wants to be at Westport Plaza? Westport Plaza, also known as homage to college frat parties and skanky Bachelorette parties with a cover charge, is not my idea of a good time. Sorry for that tangent.

Anyway, the new Maryland Plaza location has a nice contemporary décor, large sushi bar, outdoor seating, and an overall pleasant and upbeat atmosphere. All the fish was fresh and the presentation is commendable. Everything I ate was well prepared but the most notable item was the Deep Fried Philly Roll. You should check it out.

Ray

This was a good movie and there were good performances all around. There’s nothing exceptional about it. If you wait until it hits Blockbuster you will live. If you do go see it you should be prepared to sit for quite a while. It’s a long one.

Vote Tomorrow

Unless you’re living under a big rock you know that tomorrow is Election Day. I’m not going to bore you with my politics or bore myself by asking you about yours. I’m just going to say, DON’T FORGET TO VOTE TOMORROW. I predict there will be record voter turn out tomorrow in comparison with many recent elections. No, I do not believe it will be because of P. Diddy’s memorable “Vote or Die” campaign with The Real World Philadelphia or because Cameron Diaz sat on the Oprah Winfrey show and urged women to vote by saying “if you think that rape should be legal, then don't vote.”

That pretty much sums up what's going on in my head on this very rainy Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|