Monday, July 25, 2005

Finally There's a Post

I can’t believe it’s nearly August 1st. You can’t believe that I never post anymore and that every time I do manage a dull and uninspired post I feel the need to comment on the fact that I don’t post that much anymore. I can’t believe that each time I look at my statcounter I still get exactly the same amount of hits per day whether I post or not. You can’t believe I’m still checking my statcounter. You and I kind of have a dysfunctional relationship. Oh well…

I’m constantly in and out of St. Louis. I could go from E. St. Louis to an auction in Clayton to Gasconade County all in the course of one workweek. I must say that I do feel like I’m accomplishing a lot though. For the first time in a little over two years I feel like I’m doing what I should be doing. It feels good to know I’m doing something worthwhile for myself instead of pushing papers around a cubicle and creating things for someone else.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of my very favorite movies ever so, of course, I had to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as soon as it came out. Am I the only one who wasn’t in love with this movie? I hated the way Willy Wonka was portrayed as a sad man trying to make up for his unhappy childhood. I would choose the original movie about candy and naïveté over the new one with it’s flashy digital oompa loompas and psychological back story any day.

I realize I may be chastised for what I’m about to say. I’m going to go ahead and throw it out there though. I think The Andy Milonakis Show on MTV is great. I know what some of you are saying. I’ll save you the trouble. How can she possibly like Andy Milonakis? He’s juvenile, offensive, and totally ridiculous. Yes he is. Does anyone else like it? Please tell me I’m not the only one who has the sense of humor of a 13-year-old boy sometimes.
|